Sunday, April 10, 2011

1,000 paper cranes project








Well after what happened in Japan it seems that a lot of people are making the "1,000 Paper Cranes" thing. My Son had told me about it a couple of weeks ago when his school decided they were going to make 1,000 paper cranes to send to Japan. (I am sure his is not the only school or company to decide to do this) So I started to look it up and they are beautiful!! I found some pictures of a few different ones I liked and not everyone hangs them up on some kind of mobile some put them in jars or tubes and I even found one where someone took a Display case designed for something else and put their cranes in it instead. The Photo's of some my Favorites are above this post :D So yeah I decided I want to make one. I wanted to do some kind of swap with my friends but I know they wont go for it so I will just make my own!! If I can I was even considering getting some pastel colored paper (Probably be computer paper I will have to cut down) and made one for my friend. She is having a baby shower in May and I posted maybe for coming so I figure if I do come I would like to be able to bring her a pretty pastel one for the baby or something...lol who knows though. So cont with what I was saying (I sorry I tend to get ahead of myself in my head and forget that no one else can read my mind lol) I took 40 pieces of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper I had (Paper that I would probably never use so why not use it for something else right :) and cut in into 4 squares per scrapbook page giving me 160 squares to start out with : D So I then went to youtube and found a video (there are so many of them that I liked (this video right here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbeij8OXELs ) and between this video and having the written version how to do it at hand I was able to figure out how to do it. Let me tell you the one fold she says is the hardest is really the hardest. I had to figure out how to fold it a different way but it still comes out looking the same : ) so yeah now as of right this second I now have 10 cranes made!! I am pretty excited about my project and I know it will take some time especially since it's not the only project I am working on. I am also currently sewing together a Anakin gone Darkside outfit for our Dog vader for this up coming walk thing to help raise money for animal shelters I am also working on a Friendship Anniversary present for my BFF Halls of 23 years now (This Sept) So here goes to finishing all my projects I have started!!




Aud

No comments: