Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Made a twilight inspired book cover : D

I measured the twilight book I have (Hardcover) and added like a inch more to that measurements for the actual book cover and used black and red fleece. The pattern piece on the outside are two puzzle pieces, a red apple and a pawn in chess cut out of felt and hand sewn on to the black fleece. This particular one I cut out a piece of cardboard for the spine and sewn on another piece of black fleece over it. After this I took the red fleece cut the same size and sewn those two together. At this point I also sewn in a piece of sheer red ribbon in the center to be used as a bookmark. After that was sewn together I then sewn on the two side pockets that hold the book in place and sewn in the two handles and the cloth latch on the book. (I should have sewn on the button before sewing the black and red together but I wasn't thinking lol I am totally new at this) Then I sewn the button to the other side. Anyways blah blah blah there you go. It's not exactly "Twilight" but I made this for someone who I feel really needs some cheering up and she loves "Twilight" and so that's why I did it with that in mind. I hope she will love it!! I am going to make some more for some other friends ;D and of course I need to make one for me too he he :D


Aud

No comments: