Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Milk Jug Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkins

I started working on some milk jug Jack-o-lanterns today from some milk jugs I been saving to use for Halloween decorations. I got the idea from there Spirit Jugs project I found while looking up DIY Halloween decorations for the yard. I thought they were soooo cute, but I love Pumpkins during Halloween and Thanksgiving time so I decided to make mine pumpkins : )


Here's what I have done to make mine:


Milk Jug Jack-O-Lanterns

(It's being lite by a Flash Light to give you the idea of what it will look like)

What you will need:
  • Milk Jugs
  • X-acto knife
  • Jack-o-lantern face patterns
  • Orange, black, red, and green paint (either spray paint or acrylic paint will work)
  • Clear coat paint
  • Pumpkin lights
  • Optional: Newspaper for stems

What I did:

I took some pumpkin face patterns online and drew them onto the Milk jugs.


 I then used the X-acto knife to cut out the faces on the milk jugs, on the back side I cut out a little flap spot to be opened to place the pumpkin lights in later.


 I then painted the whole jug orange.

 Once the orange was dried I used black and red to trace around the areas I had cut out so that when the light is on you are able to see the face design better.




I plan to get a news paper and twist pieces of it up and then paint them green. Once they are dry I will use a glue gun to glue them to the top of the Milk jugs to make it look even more like a pumpkin. Once I do this part I will use the clear coat paint on the entire pumpkin to protect the paint from the elements.
As soon as I finish them I will up-date this post asap so that the finished pumpkin can be seen : D

Aud

No comments: